Monday, January 11, 2010

Latchhooking

I've been a latchhooker for a number of years, maybe 20? Anyways, I got into it because of my Grandfather. He did a lot of rugs from kits, said it helped him keep his fingers flexible so he could do his other projects in woodworking, gardening and making some of the best homemade wine ever. I did kits for a while myself, but decided to branch out and try something new with rugs. I came up with a way to make a graph from photos I liked. My latest project is pictured here, at least this is what it's supposed to look like when it's done.




Here's a picture of a rug I made a few years ago. It's my best so far...




The paper cutouts of Alyssa and Rose are lifesize for comparison. The image in the lower right corner is the original picture that the rug was based on/inspired by.
To see a collection of images showing rugs I've already done, click here: Rugs
And for rug ideas I have, there's this collection of images: Rug plans
And hey, you can click on the pictures you like and leave me a comment... that way I know what people would like to see next. I'm also open to suggestions, just send me an email with a picture you'd like to see as a rug and I'll see if I can convert it into a graph. If you want to buy a rug from me, or order one made, we can make a deal. Send me an email at blwolters@hotmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find life size cut outs of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had all three girls, Alyssa, Rose and Holly Marie at one time. Then I moved out of the province and couldn't fit them in the shipping crate so I left them with a new friend in Guelph. I expect they're still there. Where did I find them? Online. Did a google search for hollywood cutouts and found a site that sold them, about $20 each.

    ReplyDelete